Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Palin Redux

Well, I think I was mostly correct in my assessment of Governor Palin's potential use as a campaign tool (although not as an actual Vice-President).

When I wrote that post, I assumed that John McCain had done the requisite vetting and that she had a clean history or she absolutely wouldnt have been chosen. My mistake I suppose.

Now the Republican convention has been overshadowed by developing stories on abuses of power (getting an ex brother-in-law fired during a custody hearing), lies and membership of seccessionist political parties and by the inevitable and concomitant questions surrounding McCain's competence as a leader.

McCain has crippled his campaign: he can stick with Palin and trudge through a campaign in which her issues completely overshadow his message, or he can get rid of her in what can only really be a humiliating admission of basic incompetence in assembling an administration.

No comments: